28 October 2007

Not so city slickers...

Turns out there will be no photo´s posted on the previous post because they are all on the memory card of the camera that is now in the hands of a La Pazian pickpocket.
MotherF*****!!!

Tara and I arrived in La Paz last night, and hated it before we even descended fully into it.
South American cities are the pits.

We had a shocker of a night at the HI hostel we stayed at - family brawls and loud mouths till 4am - but luckily we had already decided to get the hell out of dodge.
And dodge it was...
Not an hour after sorting out our next few days in the Yungas, my camera was nicked right out of my bag.
I´m more pissed off with myself than anything else. Why did I not listen to people and wear my daypack like a dork on my front?

Two things on the plus side.
1:
The woman at the tourist police office was an absolute sweetheart, and filled out my report in no time flat - leaving me enough time to print a claim form, and have this bitch before catching our bus out of here.
2:
Thank the dear Lord above, I had copied my memory card onto DVD just a few days ago.

Now just to see if the DVD actually contains anything...

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I feel your pain, trust me. At least you've got that DVD. Very organized doing the claim form already too - I was going to leave it until I get home. Whenever that may be...

nell said...

well, I got the claim form, but haven´t actually done anything with it yet...