7 June 2007

I'm never drinking again!

Thursday's birthday celebrations all went according to plan. We all got very drunk and happy. I have very patchy memories of the night, but luckily there are lots of photo's - mainly of me molesting poor Marcia.
So, I'm never drinking again.
Yeah right!

But seriously.
I woke up on Friday morning still drunk. Thank God! It meant I was able to get in a crucial two hours of work before the hangover kicked in.
Tara came to fetch me at about one for lunch. I had been alternately sitting on the couch, vegging in front of the TV and hanging over the toilet throwing up whatever it was I had last put in my mouth. My Burger King didn't stay down very long either.
We went to the dive shop to pack up for the weekend's diving at the Poor Knights, only to find a lot of hungover people there.
Ha ha ha!
Like I said, I don't like to suffer alone.
We finally managed to leave the shop just before four, and promptly hit the long weekend traffic. Luckily my hangover had subsided by that time and it was a rather pleasant trip after Wellsford.

The weekend was fantastic! Aside from a little rain on Saturday, the weather was great. The vis at the Knights was "insane", as Marcia put it, about 25m.
Our dive at Blue Mao Mao Arch was the best one I've ever done there. Every fish that Evan, from Dive! Tutukaka, had said would be there was there, and exactly where he said it would be. You could see for miles. I'm sure.
I also finished my Divemaster on Saturday. So I almost have a number!

Six of us were doing the Kings College Open Water course on Sunday and Monday, and that was a whole different load of fun. The boys were very well behaved, most of the time, and they all did extremely well.
We were invited to the Holiday Park for a BBQ with them on the Saturday night, and while it wasn't eye fillet steak and mushroom sauce like the last time, it was still mouth watering. Steaks for everyone, with the usual chips and salads etc.

The drive back on Monday evening was another surprise. No traffic, we made it home in record time.
As an added bonus, I had left my dive gear in the shop van and it was all rinsed and rying for me when I went to pick it up on Tuesday.
Thanks boys!

While Tara was there with me, she had a whole different kind of weekend, I'll let her tell you all about it herself.

No comments: