31 May 2007

I'm a money whore.

Things are looking up for me now, so I can jump on Tara's positive thinking bandwagon.

Turns out I did mess up with my medical insurance and I will have to pay for the operation myself, but the good news is that EDS have asked me to extend my contract till the end of June. I didn't really want to, but that extra time will pretty much pay for it. What I won't do for money...

I'm all moved in with Jontie, or as Robbie and I are now calling him, Juantie. It's not such a long story, please feel free to ask me about it any time. It went more smoothly than I thought it would, and I have thrown away or sold most of the stuff I don't need and don't want to keep. It's made me quite a bit of drinking money, which is coming in handy over my birthday week. Yes, I get a week.

As Tara mentioned, we had our first Spanish lesson on Monday. It was loads of fun and I think we're going to be fluent in a year or two.

I had a fantastic birthday on Tuesday. Spent the entire day on Dave's boat out from Maraetai. Dave, Andrew (don't tell the boss he was there...) and I went diving in the morning, and then Anna joined us later for fishing. Lots of beer was had, but not too many fish were caught. Funny that.

Tara couldn't make it on my birthday, but she came over last night with a bottle of Veuve Clicquot, which we polished off pretty quickly. Unfortunately she had to leave before the crayfish from Tuesday could be put in the pot and et. YUM!

Tonight is the big birthday bash, and a good time will be had by all if I have to force it on them. I think I may warn work that I probably won't be in tomorrow.

No comments: