13 May 2007

mendoza!

Mendoza - Argentina (23 November - 8 December)

This is the part of the trip I am most looking forward to.
Not just because this is where we are going to be spending my birthday!

I've just found out that everyone stops for lunch. and then takes a siesta.
I think I can adopt that custom pretty quickly!

Mendoza is the adventure capital of Argentina and we are planning on spending around 2 weeks here.
The 4x4 tours look like loads of fun and one of them includes steak for lunch!
There are several really good horse treks in the area, and funnily enough, they include steak and wine for lunch.
I've even read reports of thermal hot pools up in the mountains. perfect on those not so warm days.

I'd like to go into Godoy Cruz, one of the important cities in the Mendoza province.
I've read a bit about the bazaars in this town.

Must sees are
Puente del Inca, a stone bridge over the Río Mendoza and one of Argentina's natural wonders and Cristo Redentor - erected to mark the border dispute between Argentina and Chile, the statue of Christ the Redeemer at 13200 ft (4000 m) is open only when the road is open.

No comments: