27 July 2007

The alcohol and the toilet - a fairy tale

Tara finished work today - woopee! - and we had a little leaving do for her at GPK, Takapuna. A few work collegues and friends, but more importantly, I was there. We started at twelve and left the place at three with the idea that I would meet Tara at her house once she was done packing her things at the office and saying goodbye to everyone. Which is exactly what we did.

So...
We're a few beers down the track and I'm at that stage where I have to go to the toilet between every beer. Which means I am doing a lot of thinking, because that's what you do on the toilet if there are no cartoons on the back of the door.

I've come up with an interesting question:
How much alcohol is actually absorbed if you are going to the toilet so frequently?

I googled it becasue I was ...
hold on, blue Castello and crackers first....
I googled it becasue I was sure this must have been investigated somewhere along the line. I'm not that intelligent you know.
Wikipedia - got bless it's little soul - has this to say about it:
"When urine is analyzed for alcohol, the assumption is that there are 1.3 parts of alcohol in the urine for every 1 part in the blood...

I was right, a lot more alcohol is lost through peeing (sorry, Tara says it is called mimi'ing) than is absorbed into your bloodstream.

Which leaves you with two choices:
1) If you want to get really pissed, don't go to the toilet.
2) If you want to drink, but stay sober. Drink on the toilet.

These wise words of wisdom are brought to you by MAC'S brewery and the International Women of Mayhem.

P.S. Not drinking is not an option.

No comments: