2 September 2007

British Airways still sucks

Just thought I would post a quick one to let you all know that I did finally get my luggage back from British Airways.
On the 28th of August we got so fed up with them - two or three phone calls a day with the same script being read to us each time - that we went to the Boston airport and fetched the damn bag ourselves.
I even had the phone put down on me by a supervisor. I said the word "bullshit" and was told to keep it professional.
"Ok, so what is a professional word for bullshit?"
CLICK.
Besides the fact that I am not a professional luggage loser, where is their sense of humour?
And the lies they tell you. Don't even get me started on that.

Nine days without luggage is no fun. While it didn't exactly ruin the time I was without it, it put a bit of a cloud over everything. Tara was great though, very understanding during the stressful times - usually on the phone to British Airways - she always had a drink ready for me.

And a quick note on Southern Cross travel insurance. We called the collect number and got through to them straight away. They were super helpful and said that we could claim up to $1000 per policy. Think I will go with them to claim things back instead of British Airways, with the trouble I had just getting my bag back, I don't think I will get any money out of them in this lifetime.

No comments: