3 November 2007

The Worlds Most Dangerous Road

Mountain Biking Day came around fast.
I was excited !!
Our guide was rather late to meet us but we set off with a hiss and a roar.

We got up to the top of the mountain pass and after getting into our gear and playing around with our bikes, we splashed something on our bikes, the ground and down our throats and oh my god it was foul. But apparently it was the done thing.

22km of downhill on the tarmac and that was so much fun. Being a "fat bastard" as Lynn our guide put it, I got to go really really fast.

I didnt do the 7km of uphill (only about 500m) - why pay $75.00 for a bus if you arent going to use it ??

And then we were on "The Road".
Big saefty talk from Lynn and lots of checking of bikes by Cristian.

Of course I was the one that had the spill. But its not on video - thank God !
and yup I landed on the leg and now have a bruised and grazed elbow to match.

Before you knew it, we were at the bottom.
Free beer, tons of food and time to watch what we had just achieved.

Gravity Assisted Mountain Biking rocked !!
Most fun had going down ....



worlds most dangerous road - november 2007

I have posted all the photos on webshots as I can add the videos too - and I am sure Nell will have her side to tell as well.

After we finished, Nell headed off to the jungle with Jason and Amy and I am chilling in Potosi waiting for my bus to the Uyuni Salt Lakes.

No comments: