12 August 2007

Catching up is dangerous

I spent the few days that Tara was away in Paris catching up with some of my friends in London.

Bradley and I went to the Natural History Museum on the Tuesday and then ended up back in the pubs with his friend Matt till closing time. I just made it on to the tube back to Acton Town an actually had a kebab when I got out of the station. How London can you get?





Then Bradley and I had a bit of a day off, what with the hangover and all, but I met up with Angiolo that evening. I went to Chiswick with him and we dined next to the river - how very civilised - at a pub - keep to what you know. After learning how well he was doing for himself, I insisted he pay for dinner. Bloody ridiculous London salaries, almost makes you want to go back. Almost.


Bradley and I met up again the following morning for the changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace. We managed to see the Guard and the Marching Band getting ready and walk towards the Palace, but by the time we got close to the palace we ralised we had come a little late and there was no way we could get a view of what was going on in there. So we went to Green Park instead and sat around chatting in the glorious English sun for a few hours.




That evening, after Tara's long awaited return from Paris, we caught up with some more friends in London, all of these were people we knew from Vodafone in New Zealand. Mike and Pia, Nicholas, Dan and of course Bradley. We met at the Puzzle Pub on Acton High Street and after quite a few pints, we moved on to the Redback where we met Ewi and his flatmates David and Cormia. Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of the guys, we were all to busy talking and getting up to speed, but I have some photo's of the end result of the evening...





Tara and I were supposed to fetch our hire car at nine the next morning.
I'll save that story for the next blog.

No comments: