18 July 2007

This is soooooo much fun!

I sent all of yesterday booking a whole lot of hostels for South America using the hostelworld site that Tara mentioned before.
The best thing about them is that they give you really good info about the hostels and some are even rated.
I can't believe how cheap some of them are.
The whole activity just made the trip seem so much more real. Now I am very excited and I just want to go NOW!

Also looking at travel insurance, which is not quite as exciting, and definitely not as cheap.
Southern Cross has quoted us $502 for the whole time we are there.
Flight Centre (Travelcare) has quoted us $600.

I'm thinking Southern Cross.
We've used them before and they are our medical insurance company anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Might be worth getting a quote from STA as well - I'm using them, because they cover you for more of the activities and stuff that some of the others exclude in the fine print.

Mind you, their helpdesk was fairly useless when I rang them the other day, giving me advice for Australian passport-holders, which was incorrect for NZ passport holders.

Think my cover was around $6-700 for 12 months.

Lindsay

nell said...

Thanks.
But from past experience, I know that STA sucks eggs.
Besides, southern cross covers us for all the activities we know we'll be doing.
All the rest, well ... we'll take the risk.